Sunday, January 12, 2014

Music Monday

Happy Monday y'all! 

Since its Monday and I like music as well as alliteration I decided to create Music Monday. I'm probably not the first person to this of this but hey its a good place to start. So for my first ever Music Monday pick I have to go with my all time FAVE, my queen Beyoncé! (duh) I mean since she surprised us all with that album of hers I have been on that shii NON. STOP. All the songs are fricken crazy!! AND the fact that she made music videos for all of them?! I'm amazed. I was so lucky to have seen Beyoncé live in concert on the Mrs. Carter World Tour. She was flawless, but I think we all knew that. I even got to see Les Twins (2 incredibly talented dancers from France who happen to be twins featured everywhere), and that was a big deal for me since I am an avid dance fan in the hip-hop community. Literally one of the best nights of my life. But back to the Beyoncé album; one of my faves is Pretty Hurts. I feel like this song can relate to every girl because of the deep meaning and lyrics of the song. All girls struggle with self-esteem and confidence and society takes advantage of that. Beyoncé talks about the not-so-pretty truth about beauty and she could not be more right. I highly recommend this song and strongly suggest you give it a listen. Anyways, I've been rambling too much. Bottom line: Beyoncé is my queen and you need to listen to Pretty Hurts. 







No comments:

Post a Comment